Monday, July 03, 2017

Christmas Angel

Welcome to the Conie Fong Art and Design July Facebook Challenge! The challenge this month is to use a Conie Fong image and the theme - Christmas in July! (As always, the challenges are Anything Goes, but you get an extra point for using the theme!)
For my Christmas in July project, I chose to color the Angel of Christmas Stars image with Copic markers. I have been wanting to color this image since  I first saw it back in the early spring. I figured I would have to wait for November when everyone is doing their Christmas challenges! I am happy that the team gets to do some Christmas stuff for July! 

I printed the image at roughly 4" tall, onto white cardstock. I took the plunge and colored lots of red! (See the supply list for colors used.) I was so happy that my red markers did not bleed all over like they normally do! I am guessing it is the Hammermill cardstock! Or maybe, I am just getting better at coloring! {grin}
I really struggled with how to color the angel's wings. I printed a second image and tried out a few combinations to see which I wanted. I ended up coloring them "white." I used cool grays to get the look of white feathers. I am most happy with how her dress turned out. Coloring folds is still difficult, especially with all that red! 

Since I have been doing a HUGE studio reorganization, I had some great retired Christmas papers right at hand, so I dug into those for my card decoration. The card is 6" x 5" - not too terribly huge! 
I added a stamped sentiment to the inside of the card. Nothing fancy. 
I hope you had fun looking at my project today. My studio "do-over" is mostly finished, except for painting the walls. I decided to do all my sorting and purging FIRST, to make it easier to move things around for painting. My darling husband started the paint job today! As soon as it is all painted and cleaned, I will share the "new and improved" space!

Please play along in the Conie Fong FB challenge. If you don't have a Conie Fong image, you can download one for free once you join the Facebook Group! Click HERE for that.   

I am entering my card into these challenges:
Marker Pop Challenge #124 - Christmas in July (closed)
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - Anything Goes (closed)
Weekly Christmas Card Challenges - Optional Theme Ornaments (closed)
My Time to Craft - Challenge #349 Christmas in July (closed)

July 2017 Facebook Challenge Rules

Welcome to Conie Fong Art and Designs' challenge! We can't wait to see your creations and hope you have fun playing along!

This month's theme : Christmas in July - Deadline July 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST (USA)


Rules:

Anything Goes or Christmas in July.

3 submission limit per person.


Use any Conie Fong image.


Your project needs to be uploaded into the designated Facebook album (click HERE) in order to be considered for any prizes. Projects that are posted on the main wall will unfortunately not qualify. Once you do upload your photo, comment on it so that we can all view, comment, and admire it!


Your project must be a new creation that has not been previously shared on any social media sites before July 2017.


MOST OF ALL, HAVE FUN!


Winners and Prizes:

1. Artist Choice Award: 1 winner to receive 3 digital images
2. Top Winner: 1 winner will receive a $10 gift (random winner to be generated by Random.org)
3. Random Winners: 3 random winners will be selected by random.org. Each winner will receive one image of their choice. (Winners posted July 5th or shortly thereafter.)



Digital stamps: Conie Fong Art and Design 
Angel of Christmas Stars
Clear stamps: Clear Art Stamps Seasons Greetings (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Ribbon: unknown
Copic markers: Skin: E0000, E000, E01, E11, R20, R32; Hair: YR21, YR24, Y17, Y32, Y35; E21, E23; Dress and Flowers: T0, Y13, Y15, BV24, BV25, BV29, R24, R27, R29. R89, C00, C3; Wings: C00,C1, C3, C5; Background and Globe: B0000, B000, B00
White pen: Sakura Gelly Roll
Enamel Dots: Simple Stories DIY Christmas, Your Next Stamp White Sugar and Sparkle Gumdrops
Button: Gloria's button hoard
Printed paper: Basic Grey Wassail, Teresa Collins Noel, Heartfelt Creations Festive Christmas, My Mind's Eye Holly Jolly
Cardstock: Hammermill Digital Copy 100#, CutCardStock Basis Brown
Dies: My Favorite Things Fishtail Stax and Layers, Tonic Studios Mixed Edge Rectangles
Adhesive: ATG tape, foam tape, hot glue, Ranger Multi Medium
Sketch: Mojo Monday #496

7 comments:

  1. Gloria, your Christmas in July card is exquisite. Your paper layering and image coloring combine to make a truly lovely holiday card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious image, and it's colored so pretty! Thanks for linking up with us at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delightfully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and I love the inside of the card, too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCAYR! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete